- “Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
- Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
- While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
- As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.”
- ~Edgar Allan Poe, “The Raven”
Homage to Poe / Cindy La Ferle
Please visit the home page for additional content and social media sharing options.
Parts of this blog do not show on digital devices.
Throughout my career, I've worked as a book production editor, travel magazine editor, features writer, and weekly newspaper columnist.
My award-winning lifestyles features and essays have appeared in many national magazines and anthologies, including Newsweek, Reader's Digest, The Christian Science Monitor, Writer's Digest, Victoria, Better Homes & Gardens, Bella Grace, and more. My weekly Sunday "Life Lines" column ran for 14 years in The Daily Tribune (Royal Oak, MI) and won a First Place (Local Columns) award from the Michigan Press Association.
My essay collection, Writing Home, includes 93 previously published columns and essays focusing on parenthood and family life.