Where to read me this week

Posted on May 11, 2014
Filed under Columns & essays, Events & news | 6 Comments | Email This Post

clothesLadies, if you’ve ever wondered if your wardrobe is aging you, don’t miss the May 11 issue of Michigan Prime featuring Cindy Papasian of Leon & Lulu. You’ll find my column on age-appropriate dressing in the magazine (in today’s Sunday Detroit News and Free Press) or in the online edition here.

On another topic: Do you feel drained after encountering folks who can’t stop talking about themselves? My guest column this week on Dr. Irene Levine’s Friendship Blog tackles this painful social dilemma with suggestions on how to be a better conversationalist. Please click here to read the column.

Comments

6 Responses to “Where to read me this week”

1. Cindy Papasian on May 11th, 2014 6:02 pm

This was a complete JOY … working and laughing with Cindy (yes another Cindy) and the photographer Christian was amazing ..

2. Cindy La Ferle on May 11th, 2014 8:28 pm

Cindy — It was an honor to work with you! I haven’t had this much pure fun doing a column/story in a long time!

3. momma on May 12th, 2014 11:24 am

Leggings–Cindy I am going to buy me a pair of them–why not. They may be just the thing to start building a new 79 year old!!!!

4. Cindy La Ferle on May 12th, 2014 12:05 pm

“Momma” — you must share a photo with us! :-)

5. Pam Houghton on June 5th, 2014 8:19 am

Great guest column over on the friendship blog. Conversation applies to e-mails, too. If I find I’m talking too much about myself electronically, I try and pull back. It’s easy to make it all about ME ME ME ME ME. Same with social media, of course. Which is why it feels great to take long breaks from Facebook. Which, by the way, you aren’t missin’ a thing!

6. Cindy La Ferle on June 5th, 2014 9:37 am

Pam — good points, all. I am afraid I am guilty of the email faux pas you mentioned! Hope all is well with you!