My book is on Kindle!

Posted on August 30, 2012
Filed under Book reviews, Events & news | 7 Comments | Email This Post

Though I dragged my feet initially, last month I joined the legions of enthusiastic ebook readers — as a reader and a writer.

When my son surprised me with a Kindle for my birthday, I was immediately impressed at how handy and economical it is. Whether I’m sitting in a medical waiting room with my mother or traveling on vacation, I’ve got a mini electronic library that fits in my purse. Best of all, I downloaded Thoreau’s Walden for free, and found that e-reader versions of bestsellers are cheaper than the print editions.

Of course, I had to make my own book, Writing Home, available on Amazon’s Kindle store — complete with a new introduction. A memoir of my earlier motherhood years and a tribute to my family, this book is especially dear to my heart and I’m thrilled to make it available to another set of readers.

If you’d like to add Writing Home to your own electronic library, this link will take you directly to the book’s page on Amazon. (The paperback edition can be ordered there, too.) You can read sample pages from Writing Home as well as several national and local reviews of the book on Amazon.

How about you? Do you use an electronic reader, or do you prefer ink on paper?

Comments

7 Responses to “My book is on Kindle!”

1. Cheryl Wright on August 31st, 2012 5:59 am

Wonderful! Got my copy.

2. Cindy on August 31st, 2012 7:14 am

Thanks, Cheryl! I hope you’ll tell me what you think after you’ve read a few pieces! :-)

3. Momma on August 31st, 2012 9:36 pm

Great news. You are getting right in to the swing of things now!

4. cindy on September 1st, 2012 7:30 am

Love my Kindle. It will be interesting to see how you like having a digital version of Writing Home. I have the first ever Kindle, the dinosaur. They don’t even make lighted book covers for these grandaddies:)
    It still works just great and I love ordering the Sunday New York Times for 99 cents:)

5. Cindy on September 1st, 2012 7:48 am

The book looks great on Kindle, Cindy! The editor did a good job with the conversion. And I have the basic Kindle model — but it’s pretty cool. Very convenient for travel.

6. Betty Gullion on September 3rd, 2012 7:44 pm

I like my paper copy because some woman autographed it claiming to be the author and a relative as well! But it’s nice to be able to order copies for my friends who carry their Kindles everywhere (the way they used to carry knitting bags!)Ordered one today for a friend who needs some sunshine right now. “Writing Home” is good heart medication!
    Betty

7. Sharon on September 6th, 2012 11:27 am

Congratulations to you, from an ink-on-paper reader. Books are for me, although I thought maybe I’d ease into the idea of handheld reading with an iPad. My husband enjoys using his iPad for online shows and playing games, but I don’t even like it for reading blogs.

As long as I have a bag big enough to hold a book, I’m all set ~